geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMO-1526
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:16:28 GMT
Doh, sorry, guess some javadoc would help :)... So basically the idea
is to be able to represent a deployable object, that can be either a
jar, or some custom structure specific to a given IDE/build environemnt.

public interface DeployableModule {

	/**
	 * uri of the module, foo.ear, if a nested module then foo.ear/foo.war
	 */
	String getURI();

	/**
	 * root url of the module, if isBinary then would return absolute
URL of the archive, otherwise
	 * the root folder of the module.
	 * @return
	 */
	URL getRoot();

	/**
	 * returns all the URLs that provide content to this module
(non .class files) if isBinary then this would return
	 * empty array
	 * @return
	 */
	URL[] getResourceFolders();

	/**
	 * returns all the URLs that contai, if isBinary then this would
return an empty array
	 * @return
	 */
	URL[] getClassesFolders();

	/**
	 * Returns true if this is a binary module (JarFile)
	 */
	boolean isBinary();

	/**
	 * returns nested modules, so for an ear file, would return all its
contained modules, for a web module, entries web-inf/lib entries
	 */
	DeployableModule[] getModules();
}

On Aug 21, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Some java docs would help me understand what these methods are
> supposed to do.
>
> -dain
>
> On Aug 21, 2006, at 10:53 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>
>> For the following JIRA, where all the module builders assume a jar
>> file, what if we change all methods that take a JarFile to
>> something like the following?
>>
>> public interface IDeployableModule {
>>
>> 	public String getURI();
>>
>> 	public File getRoot();
>>
>> 	public File[] getResourceFolders();
>>
>> 	public File[] getClassesFolders();
>>
>> 	public boolean isBinary();
>>
>> 	public IDeployableModule[] getChildModules();
>> }
>>
>> -sachin

-sachin