geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: j2ee-builder tests?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:18:07 GMT
On Aug 29, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Bill Dudney wrote:
> 1) The dependency plugin version 2.0-SNAPSHOT is all that appears
> to work. I could not find a functional 1.0 version of this plugin.
> I guess the question here is what is the community stance on using
> snapshots of plugins for the build? If this is not OK we need to
> get on the maven lists and try to get a released version of the
> dependency plugin. I found a couple of posts on the maven lists
> that make me hope that a 2.0 release is going to happen soon but I
> don't follow the maven community that closely so I'm not sure.

We are already using 1.0 of the dependency plugin...

                 <plugin>
                     <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                     <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                     <version>1.0</version>
                 </plugin>

> 2) The j2ee-builder tests use a 'naked' ear that has been stripped
> of its geronimo-application.xml file. Easy enough to do with ant
> and we can do it with maven as well I'm sure but I was hoping you'd
> have some ideas about how to do it more simply that what I was
> thinking. Here are my two ideas;
> 	a) adopt an approach similar to the boilerplate-{j2ee,minimal} in
> the assembly build
> 	b) use something in the dependency plugin that can strip various
> elements from a jar file
> 	c) unpack it then repack with the geronimo-application.xml file
> excluded

What else is in the ear?  Sounds like a normal jar module would be fine.

> 3) There are a couple of more testing bits in the geronimo-j2ee-
> builder module. I'm not sure what the best way to remove them is.
> 	a) src/test-plan - has some bad plan files that ensure that
> failure happens when expected. I think these should be moved into
> src/test/resources and used from there in the tests but wanted to
> get your take.
> 	b) src/test-unpacked-ear is another set of deployment descriptors
> and plans used for both positive and negative tests. Again these
> could/should probably be moved into the src/test/resources
> directory (when its created until then it looks like src/test is
> the destination)

Um... okay... no opinion on this right now.

--jason