geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Drop the m1 build
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:28:15 GMT
On Aug 17, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
> I caution against removing the m1 until the m2 build has been stable
> for a period of time. We made this mistake with ActiveMQ and
> ServiceMix and wound up having to restore the m1 build while gremlins
> were flushed from the m2 build.

Hrm... its stable now :-P  And I am not really sure how well the m1
build works.

> I tend to think Jason's proposal is better one. Give it some time to
> be tested and get stable.

JVZ?

The m2 build has been in various stages of stablish for a few weeks now.

The main issue I have with keeping it around, and praying it still
works kinda... is that it prevents us from continuing to clean things
up (getting files into better places to reduce pom config, renaming
directories to conform to artifactIds, fixing variables used for
filtering).

There is still a week or so that needs to be spent post-removal of m1
to get the m2 build pristine... and I don't see any reason why we
should wait much longer before doing it.

--jason