geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Why both concurrent and backport-util-concurrent?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:13:22 GMT
Wow! I never expected you to do the conversion... very cool.

Here are the notes from my review  (I think only the first item is
necessary and the rest are ideas or observations):

     I don't think we need to import the Latch class from
concurrent.  We should be able to use the CountDownLatch class with
the initial size set to 1.  This will also let us avoid the long
discussion on the proper way to import the code :)

     It doesn't look like AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor
ever uses the writeLock in the ReentrantReadWriteLock so it may be
possible to replace that lock with a simpler ReentrantLock.

     I never noticed that Java5 atomics only have an incrementAndGet
method and no increment method

     The changes in the configuration for the Executor in Java5 seem
much better.

-dain