geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manish Satwani" <manish.satw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to resolve JMS Dependency ?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:48:17 GMT
Hi Krishnakumar,

thanks for your prompt reply...

In our product we support/certified  Weblogic , SunONE right now and I am
going to support Geronimo...

I can change web.xml but it will require changes in Weblogic and SunONE
specific deployment files as well ( Am I wrong ??? )...which can triggers a
regression or require a whole QA cycle to approve it...

is there any solution which does not require changes in web.xml ... I can do
anything in geronimo specific deployment files...

Please suggest me .....by the time I will change and test it .... :)

Thanks
Manish

On 8/10/06, Krishnakumar B <www.bkk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Manish,
>
> your web.xml has
>
>     <resource-ref>
>         <res-ref-name>jms/AcevaPublisherQueue</res-ref-name>
>         <res-type>javax.jms.Queue</res-type>
>         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>     </resource-ref>
>
> change it to
>
>     <resource-env-ref>
>     <resource-env-ref-name>jms/AcevaPublisherQueue</resource-env-ref-name>
>     <resource-env-ref-type>javax.jms.Queue</resource-env-ref-type>
>     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>     </resource-env-ref>
>
> and have the following type in your geronimo-web.xml
>
>   <nam:resource-env-ref>
>     <nam:ref-name>jms/AcevaPublisherQueue</nam:ref-name>
>
>     <nam:message-destination-link>jms/AcevaPublisherQueue</nam:message-destination-link>
>   </nam:resource-env-ref>
>
> Ur web.xml has <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems,
> Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
> "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
> so its in J2EE 1.3 sysntax.
>
> I tried the ra plan u have posted and created a reference to
> AcevaPublisherQueue from a sample web application and it works.
>
> Regards
> Krishnakumar
>
> On 8/10/06, Manish Satwani <manish.satwani@gmail.com> wrote:
> > attaching modified geronimo-web.xml and openejb-jar.xml in which i have
> > added admin-object-link
> >
> > Thanks
> > Manish
> >

> > On 8/10/06, Manish Satwani < manish.satwani@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I am stillg getting this erro during deployment.
> > >
> > > Unable to resolve resource reference 'jms/AcevaPublisherQueue' (Could
> not
> > auto-map to resource. Try adding a resource-ref mapping to your Geronimo
> > deployment plan.)
> > > org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to
> > resolve resource reference 'jms/AcevaPublisherQueue' (Could not auto-map
> > resource. Try adding a resource-ref mapping to your Geronimo deployment
> > plan.) at
> > org.apache.geronimo.naming.deployment.ENCConfigBuilder.addResourceRefs(
> ENCConfigBuilder.java:210)
> > >
> > > I have added admin-object-link as suggested by Aaron.....
> > >
> > > I am attching my web.xml also...and whole RA plan...
> > >

> > > please do let me know if you need any other configuration file....for
> > reference...
> > >

> > > please help me ...
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Manish