geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (geronimo) Wed Aug 23 23:48:53 2006
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:58:15 GMT

On Aug 25, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>> APACHE GERONIMO STATUS:                                         -*-
>> text-*-
>> Last modified at [$Date: 2006-08-17 21:07:33 -0400 (Thu, 17 Aug
>> 2006) $]
>> The current version of this file can be found at:
>>   * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk/STATUS
>> Upcoming Releases:
>>   Geronimo 1.2 -- geronimo/trunk/
>>     Release Manager:  Matt Hogstrom
> Release manager is not yet voted.  I'm leading the discussion to
> get it rolling.
>>     Estimated Date: September ??
>                       November 15th or so.
>>       Geronimo 1.1.1 -- geronimo/branches/1.1
>>     Release Manager:  Matt Hogstrom
>>     Estimated Date: August ??
>                       September 8th
>> RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
> Currently the 1.1.1 release is addressing security issues that are
> related to CTS failures as well as reworking our build and release
> process to address potential violations of Sun's License for the
> specification related XSDs.  Our work around includes using XML
> beans to download and generate the code necessary to manipulate the
> XSDs without including Sun's content in SVN or our released
> code.

That's not quite accurate. After a little more thought about suns
practice of changing the schemas without changing the url at which
they come from, I decided random downloads are not an acceptable
input to our build.  Therefore the current plan is to build jars
containing the xmlbeans generated source and compiled class and xsb
files in the restricted-access tck project, where we actually can
keep the sun xsd's in svn without danger of unauthorized
redistribution.  Jason has pushed snapshots for these to the snapshot
repo  and I believe we are in the process of updating the builds to
use them.

>> Outstanding patches awaiting votes:
> On JIRA, the following patches are oustanding:
>
> XBEAN-45	Move classloaders to their own module	 Patch Available
> Alan Cabrera			Opened 19/Aug/06 Status: review needed.  1 +1 vote
> provided...need two more
>
> GERONIMO-2332	RTC Put the generated xmlbeans files for the j2ee 1.4
> schemas in svn in a spec module so we don't need the schemas in svn
> at all	 Patch Available	 David Jencks			Opened: 18/Aug/06 Status:
> in progress

This is the schema issue mentioned above.  There's some question as
to whether it's a bug fix or not, but I'd appreciate some positive
approval for the proposed solution.

thanks
david jencks