geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: bootstrap.bat for windows users
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:17:52 GMT
I do not really want to have to maintain both the unix version and
the windows versions of this script.  I do periodically make some
changes to bootstrap when I find it makes things easier.

Bootstrap is temporary and will be removed shortly, and I would
rather force users to install Cygwin during that period than start to
maintain a batch file that can function the same as the shell script.

I appreciate your willingness to write this script, but I think that
adding it will be more of a hassle...

On Aug 22, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Mark DeLaFranier wrote:

> Hey everybody,
> I've ported the bootstrap build script to windows so that Cygwin is
> not required.  A Jira entry was created with the new script attached:
> I'd like to get some comments, if any, from people as to their
> thoughts on the script and if it would be a worth while improvement.
> Thanks
> Mark

View raw message