geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 1.1.1 Status - XSD and DTD issues
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:46:00 GMT

On Aug 18, 2006, at 10:36 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> I personally don't know why we bother to regenerate that tree on
> every build as those schemas are not going to change.  Let's just
> build them once, publish the jars, delete the schemas and be done
> with it.

I think this will minimize our legal exposure.  I'll work on a specs
module for this.  I might need some m2 help, my plan is to use a
profile so that  using the profile we compile the schemas using
xmlbeans, letting xmlbeans download the schemas direct from sun, and
having xmlbeans put the results in appropriate places in src.  We can
then check the results in by hand.  The normal build can simply
compile these generated sources.

We may need another step to put apache headers on the generated
code.  Some of the generated stuff is binary files, which AFAIK
cannot be modified to include a header.  I'll probably need help with
this part.

Is everyone OK with putting this into specs?  Any ideas for a better
place?

thanks
david jencks