geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Disallow 1.5 on trunk (until its actually supported)?
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:15:07 GMT
We already have this... this just means that compiles will continue
to gen 1.4 bytecode.  Some tests have been known to fail because they
were run with 1.5, and then all that orb stuff.  We warn everyone all
over the place to not use 1.5 with G right now... figured we should
just enforce it at a build level.

Going forward I think we are gonna need this anyways, as it seems
that when sun releases a new version that it tends to break things...

--jason