geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMO-1526
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:31:55 GMT
Thanks.  I have a few questions/issues...

Why the separation between resources and classes.  Don't we need to
add both to the class loader anyway?  I'm curious when this
differentiation is important.

I think using URLs instead of files, is going to be very difficult.
We had tons of problems dealing with paths containing spaces and
urls.  IIRC we had to encode and decode URLs all the time.  Also,
some deployers need to scan the directories.  For example, the RAR
deployer needs to add all jar files in the archive/directory to the
class path.  In Jee5 ear files we need to scan for all nested modules.

I find the method name isBinary confusing.  Can we use something like
isArchived instead?

-dain