geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Publish Genesis 1.0 to m2 central
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 02:59:22 GMT

On Aug 28, 2006, at 9:55 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I did so to facilitate the release for xbean...
>
> I don't think that tagging before a vote is going to be the norm,
> but I had committed to getting it done by today.

I appreciate that, I applaud your efforts, and apologize if I'm being
a PITA. However, we also have a responsibility as a community when
releasing software. I'm trying to be sure we are addressing that
responsibility.

For instance, I see that genesis-1.0 includes a software license for
Clover? News to me, but I confess that genesis has been a bit of an
unknown to me...

from
Product: Clover
License: Open Source License, 0.x, 1.x
Issued: Sun May 14 2006 21:59:13 CDT
Expiry: Never
Maintenance Expiry: Never
Key: 965016739f4031c43d67e61b0
Name: Jason Dillon
Org: Apache Geronimo

Clause 5 of the Clover license says "The Licensee may copy the
Software for back-up purposes only. The Licensee may not assign or
otherwise transfer the Software to any third party." IANAL ADNWTB,
however, this gives me cause for concern. Can you explain what this
is about?

How is Groovy licensed? Do we need to include it in LICENSE and
NOTICE file?

bootstrap and bootstrap.bat should contain an APACHE LICENSE...

--kevan