geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse as development tool for Geronimo components
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:40:18 GMT
One of the big problems is that you can not use pure Eclipse to
develop Geronimo. (just make code changes and compile)  The maven
eclipse plugin generates the .classpath in which all the projects
reference only the built jars in the maven repository rather then the
projects set up to reference each other.  This causes a huge
annoyance in that every time you make a change that affects another
module, you will not see any compilation errors since the modified
module has to be rebuilt and redeployed with maven so that the
affected jar picks up the change.

Also using the maven plugin for eclipse doesn't help, and enabling
the maven build to occur using it helps the issue but makes the build
process extremlely long.  I haven't tried the m2 eclipse goal to see
if it addresses some of these issues or not.

On Aug 28, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Heinz Drews wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use Eclipse for development and debugging of Geronimo
> components.
> The Eclipse plugin I have already used for application development.
>
> I have run mvn eclipse:eclipse, imported manually the projects but I'm
> hoping for a faster approach.  And I'm facing several problems. First
> I could not found the xmlbeans in the source tree, modules referring
> them don't compile.  Then I have not found a way to run G directly
> from the compilation produced by Eclipse.  Only approach now is to
> build a module with Maven and  copy the jar to the Geronimo tree.
>
> Help would be very much appreciated.
> Regards,
> Heinz

-sachin