geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject plugin community site (was Re: [CONSENSUS] Default plugin site)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:12:31 GMT
OK this is great feedback.  Until your note I was reacting to Dain's
suggestion from a strictly technical point of view.  I can see now
that his (and your) main concern was to properly associate the
community site with the main project site, which I am definitely in
favor of.

To make this happen we would need to get superadmin privs to an
installation of Joomla 1.0.10 running on geronimo.apache.org. Joomla
is open source (GPL) and prereqs Apache HTTP with PHP and MySQL.  So
here is my proposed plan of action:

1.)  Open a request with Apache infra to install Joomla at geronimo.apache.org
2.)  Create a temporary redirect from geronimo.apache.org/plugins to
geronimoplugincentral.org
3.)  Publicize the geronimo.apache.org/plugins URL (not the
geronimoplugincentral.org one)
4.)  Work with infra to complete the Joomla install
5.)  Migrate the content from geronimoplugincentral.org to
geronimo.apache.org/plugins
6.)  Remove the temporary redirect created in step 2
7.)  Take the geronimoplugincentral.org site offline

Working it this way will allow us to achieve our objectives and
meanwhile continue developing the community site in parallel.  It
strikes me that this approach is very similar to the plan we had for
getting Confluence setup for our project.  Thanks to Hernan's and
Jason's and others' persistence that effort is now a success, which
encourages me.

Thoughts?

Best wishes,
Paul