geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <>
Subject Re: JMX Portlet
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:27:45 GMT
Chris, this sounds like an interesting idea.  As I recall, the
discussion from a few months ago came down to removing the JMX debug
application iff we could get the JConsole to work with Geronimo.  And
then I think that problem was addressed in GERONIMO-1329.  So assuming
that we can now connect JConsole to a Geronimo server would that
affect what you might plan to implement in the admin console?  i.e.
since JConsole already provides some of this function, just not in way
that's usable directly from the admin console.  Also I'm wondering if
Sun's plans to open source java soon might lead to some interesting
possibilities, like maybe running JConsole in an applet from the
console.  But that is making a LOT of assumptions :-)

Best wishes,