geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Endorsed dirs
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:44:47 GMT
   IIRC, The tomcat container needs to be started with
java.endorsed.dirs system property set to a dir where the xerces parser
is available. It uses the endorsed dir mechanism to override the
default parser. The server manifest.mf contains an entry
Endorsed-Dirs: lib/endorsed
  which is used by Deamon (read by CommandLineManifest) to set this
property before starting Geronimo. It should have been enough, but it
seems we have been adding it to the classpath also. I do not know if
this property is used by anyone else.

Thanks
Anita