geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: building eclipse projects with M2 build
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:55:25 GMT
Joe,
   I had used this command for creating the packaging-plugin project
for eclipse 2 months ago. Have you tried using:
mvn eclipse:eclipse

Thanks
Anita

--- Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:

> The cwiki inidicates that we can build projects for eclipse using the
> m2
> build with the following command:
>
> mvn -o eclipse:eclipse
>
> However, when I attempt to do this I get the error below.  Has
> anybody
> been successful in building the eclipse projects using M2?
>

> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
> [INFO]

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]

> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin'
> does
> not exist or no valid version could be found
> [INFO]

> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not exist or no
> valid version could be f
> ound
>          at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1281)
>          at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1517)
>          at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:381)
>          at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:135)
>          at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
>          at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
>          at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>          at

>          at

>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>          at
>          at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>          at
>          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> Caused by:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
> plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not exist
> or
> no valid
>   version could be found
>          at

org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:225)
>          at

org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:87)
>          at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:158)
>          at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1252)