geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: JPA Plugin patch
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:12:15 GMT
On 8/31/06, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> finally got time to start poking around JPA plugin. I can compile it
> now, but it requires a patch below to build against the latest JPA
> spec. Not a big fan of SF issue tracker, so I simply put it on the web:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/jpa-plugin-patch.txt

Hi Aaron and Andrus,

The patch caught my attention and got me thinking about the plugin and
where it's being developed.

The first time I read it I thought why Andrus was asking that question
here (yet complaining about SF issue tracker) since the plugin itself
has been developed outside the project? (well, it's for the project,
but it's not part of it, right?). I meant to have asked the question
to Andrus, but then thought it's not him I should ask about it, but
Aaron who *seem* to have made it hard(er) to understand where people
should collaborate about stuff being developed outside, but still
relevant to Geronimo. For me, it should've been asked in the used
mailing list at most if not in the space it's being developed (in this
case, it's SF).

I think the question's already been asked, but will ask again since
the plugin has drawn more attention. Aaron, why can't the plugin
development be conducted here, in sandbox? Does it use a code not
allowed to be in the Geronimo repo?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski