geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r437291 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: bootstrap bootstrap.bat bootstrap.xml
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:24:28 GMT

> You most certainly do not need to use it to build Geronimo.  It is
> only an attempt to automate several steps together.  As I have said
> before, and I will undoubtedly say again, bootstrap is temporary and
> will be removed as soon as we have all of the dependency artifacts
> published and have a few maven bugs resolved.

It may already have been answered, but can't find it and thus the question goes.

Is there a JIRA issue that would let us track where we're at in the
process of removing bootstrap? I mean, you seem to imply a bunch of
steps before bootstrap itself gets whacked. They are subtasks for the
main task - bootstrap removed as a build helper tool (no, I won't
repeat the mantra about these tasks being helpful for others to track
the status *and* help you out where/if possible ;-))

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl