geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject j2ee-builder tests?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:59:21 GMT
Hi All,

The tests in the j2ee-builder do not currently have valid deployment
descriptors. While that's ok for this module because of the mocked
out deployment bits I was hoping to use them in other tests. I have
most of the stuff fixed up but there are a few things that I don't
want to do without feedback.

1) there rar is empty, no jar's no xml in the deployment descriptors
its just a place holder. Thoughts on what to do with that? cook up a
simple rar? delete it? I lean towards making a simple rar.

2) The web.xml references a bogus bunch of ejb's with refs like 'fake-
ejb-ref'. Couple of things we could do with this, make them point to
valid ejb references in the ejb jar files that are part of this ear
or delete them. I would/could add some extra EJB's to the ejb jar to
make sure we covered all the reference types.

3) This is less important but I'd like to change the artifactId's so
they are unique (i.e. test-ear-j2ee-1.{3,4}) so that I can deploy
both of the ear files when its all said and done.

4) I'm not sure exactly how to do this with ear/war/ejb-jar but I'd
like to have this module produce a 'tests' jar (we do this in cayenne
with simple junit tests so we can reuse it across modules) and then
reuse these deployment units in other automated tests. I'm game to
poke at it but figure I might get a few of Jason's brain cells so I
can be a bit lazier :-)

I posted this jira;

to track this issue.

Thanks!