geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: m2 build - validating
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:36:57 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry its taken me so long to get this posted. I had a bunch of
travel related headaches thur and fri of last week...

I've adopted http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2326 as
the JIRA to track the first part of the problem (the datasource
deployment stuff) with the current trunk and deployment.

I've just attached a patch to the issue that makes a small change to
the CAR plugin to include RAR's in the dependencies that are copied
into the assembly repository. I am fairly sure this needs to be done
as the RAR's end up in the repository on 1.1 and the DatabaseInfo
class requires them to be there (albeit with a comment that says
EVIL!!! :). However there might be something going on there I'm not
aware of.

One quick note on this change. The RAR's do end up copied into the
CAR (without this change) but, the DatabaseInfo class is expecting
(at least) the Derby related RAR's to be directly in the repo. Take a
look here http://tinyurl.com/jynnh. the list of *RAR_NAME fields are
all used to load the RAR's directly from the repository (http://
tinyurl.com/kyhve getRAR static method on line 1036). As the comments
says this is rather hard coded. I've not had time to get brain cells
focused on the solution. Seems that we should be able to do some kind
of maven magic though to find the tranql/tranql-connector/rar instead
of hardcoding the path. But again I don't know the history so perhaps
there is a reason for the EVIL :)

So the patch attached to 2326 gets us almost there, but there is
still the issue with the IncompatiblClassChangeError coming up. I
posted a partial stack trace in the issue. Any pointers, thoughts or
other things that could help me track that one down are most welcome.
I have to bail for a couple of hours but will be back on line around
7:00MST for a bit.

Also David J, if you could take a look at the pom changes and make
sure they are in line with your recommendations. I could not find
another car to have system-database depended on that would bring in
the dependencies and system-database looked to be the most logical
place to add add a jar dependency. I added the jar's to the gbean-
deployer/pom.xml because the CNFExceptions were coming from classes
in this package and again no obvious CAR to add to the mix.

Thanks!

bd-