geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build failure on branches/1.1.1
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:20:55 GMT

On Aug 13, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> OK, I think I'm going to leave this for now, but...
>
> It looks like the problem below is definitely that as of a few days
> ago, configs/openejb-deployer/target/plan/plan.xml had a dependency on
> axis, and now it doesn't.  I still don't know what could have changed
> (other than the project.xml in openejb-builder or openejb-deployer or
> something with the dependency or packaging plugin) to change this.
>
> I guess the brute-force fix is to work through all the failing configs
> and mark the JARs in question as geronimo.dependency=true, but it
> would be nice to understand what changed.

The problem is caused by the <module>/project.xml changes which were
added to include the NOTICE files in each jar file. These changes

config to include NOTICE.txt in the jar files produced during a
build. Problem is that etc/project.xml contains project wide
specification for resources to be included in jar files. The module
specific resource specification is overriding the etc/project.xml
settings. Thus the project-wide directives for resources are being
ignored...

In the current failure (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/
axis/Handler), geronimo-axis-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar does not contain META-
INF/geronimo-dependency.xml...

I'm working on the fix...

--kevan