geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "System Architect" <mr.system.archit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMO-2324
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:46:47 GMT
I feel strongly that is should be stated:

Testing is not a "relatively specific use case" but a natural stage in a
lifecycle of an application. You cannot grow into an adult without being a
kid first. And how well one were treated as a child, how much warmth one
received from parents - defines the adulthood success or failure. This -
unmodified - applies to any complex program.

"Testing and dubugging" mode is a first class citizen of an application
server and should be treated as such.

But Ian made a good point - we don't always want test facilities being
available in production environment. And because they are IDE specific -
maybe they belong to the IDE adapter? Sort of modified SharedLib GBean
installed by IDE integration. And then - the resolver, when looking for
resources, asks this bean first before going to startdard Geronimo
classloaders? This bean - in turn - maintains a pool of classloaders to
dynamically supply IDE resources to other - IDE based - applications?

~oleg