geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "System Architect" <mr.system.archit...@gmail.com>
Subject Introducing myself ...
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:13:03 GMT
Sorry for wasting a thread for this purpose, but I thought that it's
important to introduce myself to this honorable community as I created some
entries in JIRA
(GERONIMODEVTOOLS-99<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-99>,
etc.)

My company has started using Geronimo AS as our main deployment platform and
once it's there - I have to organize decent developer's support for
debugging application on it. We are using Eclipse, so the easiest solution
seems to be Geronimo plugin.

Unfortunately this plugin is still in it's infancy and is just making baby
steps. My challenge is that we are already using Geronimo, so I cannot wait
for this plugin to grow naturally - success of Geronimo in our organization
depends of this plugin; if we cannot make it work - this entire direction
may die with it. Several hundred developers cannot rely on just JPDA while
debugging web applications.

This probably explains why I started making waves in JIRA - not just for the
fun of it, but trying to promote success of this wonderful OSS project.

I hope the above helps to understand the importance for us of various
decisions that are taken to expedite or postpone this or that feature.

And I am also convinced that success of projects like Geronimo largely
depends on how well they fit into real-life enviroment such as a company I
work for.

A little bit about myself - programming for the last 25 years and hope do
the same when I die :) Java since 1996, software development in different
roles all my life, seen a lot of platforms and technologies ..

Thanks,
Oleg Gusakov
**