geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Review] GERONIMO-2277 Remove TransactionContextManager
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:40:14 GMT
I have a couple of concerns: most of these were probably present in
the unmodified code.

1. TransactionManagerImpl.unassociate calls fireThreadAssociated
instead of fireThreadUnassociated (dain is fixing this IIUC)

2. ConnectorTransactionContext.managedConnections doesn't have any
obvious synchronization.  When I wrote this code I think I had an
argument why it wasn't needed, but I'd like to find the object that
is in fact guarding it and document it.

3. Am I correct in thinking that you made the connection tracking
work without needing instance contexts available?  I think this is a
reasonable change, just checking...

4. I wonder if the client still needs a tm since it is inaccessible.

Aside from (1) I understand this change and approve it.  I'll apply
and test it out shortly.

Note that (1) does not affect the functionality, as the sole
implementations of threadAssociated and threadUnassociated do
exactly  the same thing.  (1) should not affect applying this patch.

thanks
david jencks