geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: j2ee-builder tests?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:45:33 GMT
Hi Jason,

Yes I made some progress. Not quite done as I ran into a redeploy bug
that I spent a bit of time poking at over the weekend. I think the
thing to do is to get the test stuff moved over and then I'll
experiment more with the redeploy bug.

 From past experience patches generated by svn after an svn mv are
not the best. So I was thinking that you should move the stuff
around, then I'll submit a patch against the moved content. Does that
sound OK or is there a better way?

Once the move is complete I'll generate a patch that can be applied
to these bits to make them deploy and get rid of the j2ee-builder pom
and ant stuff that uses these. There are two other test deployables
(test-plan and test-unpacked-ear) that I'd also like to move but I
was thinking it would be better to get this done first then move the
other two.

Thanks,

-bd-

Here is the list of commands that will get us to the point of an easy
patch. Again I'm totally open to a better way if there is one.

svn mkdir test-deployables
svn mv modules/j2ee-builder/src/test-ear test-deployables/test-ear-
j2ee-1.4
svn mv modules/j2ee-builder/src/test-ear13 test-deployables/test-ear-
j2ee-1.3

svn ci -m 'initial move of test stuff'

cd test-deployables/test-ear-j2ee-1.4 (repeat from here down for the
test-ear-j2ee-1.3 as well)

svn mv test-ejb-ear ejb
svn mv test-rar rar
svn mv test-war war
svn mkdir ear/src/main/resources (these have to be done one at a time
AFAIK)
svn mv META-INF ear/src/main/resources

cd ejb

svn mkdir src/main/java