geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Please review GERONIMO-2349 (jta 11 and container managed jpa support)
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:07:22 GMT
I think I've implemented most or all of the transaction manager based
support for jta 1.1 and container managed jpa/entity managers.  As I
mentioned earlier I've introduced the support into the jta 1.0.1/jdk
1.4 tm without using the new interfaces and provided a new module
geronimo-transaction-jta11 that implements the new interfaces.

To avoid further churn I'd like to commit the changes in trunk to the
base tm.  As noted in GERONIMO-2349 there might be an ordering bug
with TransactionManagerMonitors, so I might provide one more updated
patch.

To me the main question here is whether it is appropriate to
implement this support in the base classes.  It would also be
possible to implement it in subclasses if we constructed the
TransactionImpl instances in a protected method overridden in the new
tm subclass.  At the moment I'm not inclined to add this extra
complexity but will if there's general agreement it's a good idea.

I plan to start looking into hooking this stuff up to deployers
next.... maybe we can eventually find out if it really works.

thanks
david jencks