geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Car plugin
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:49:57 GMT

On Aug 22, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> On 8/22/06, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess I was misunderstood.
>> I' m using the maven 2 plugin in trunk to build a plugin for
>> Geronimo 1.1.
>> This is the only way, because there is no maven 2 plugin for G 1.1.
>> Everything was working fine until this recent change.
>
> If this stuff is not to be supported by the car-maven-plugin, or if
> there will
> be incompatible changes in the deployer so that the same plugin can
> not
> handle G 1.1 and 1.2, then I propose we start a new plugin
> (where ?) from
> the current one to target G 1.1.

I'm not sure anyone thought of this use case: I certainly didn't.
Did you find that a small change makes the trunk car plugin work with
1.1?  If so I'm certainly willing to consider trying to maintain
compatibility.

We could also maybe put a tiny m2 project in branches/1.1 with a
version of this plugin that works with 1.1

thanks
david jencks