geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.xbean-deleteMe and org/apache/xbean-crap ?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:17:29 GMT
> Noticed these in the m1 and m2 snapshot repositories. Any reason for them?

My bad. It was a temporary workaround for bad file permissions in the
repos causing me to not be able to deploy things.

Since I can't chmod, I could only create a copy of the xbean
directories and mv the old ones out of the way and couldn't think of
anything more imaginative at the time. I can't delete them either (BTW
I renamed the xbean-crap which is maybe not the most descriptive of
names to xbean-delete-me). Could someone with karma zap them please?

Incidentally can folks please all put something like this in their
~/.m2/settings.xml file to avoid bad permissions being created on
deployments in the maven repos at Apache... (replacing jstrachan with
your actual user name :)

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>apache-repo</id>
      <username>jstrachan</username>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache-snapshots</id>
      <username>jstrachan</username>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache-website</id>
      <username>jstrachan</username>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>