geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 2.5 of XBean
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:37:37 GMT
> Would it be possible to check the XBEAN-22 patch and fix
> the related XBEAN-19 feature in this release ?
>
> The XBEAN-22 is about enhancing the current class loader in xbean-server
> with the work the Dain did in Geronimo.   This will allow to specify classes
> to exclude in parent loaders or classes that can not be overriden.  A patch
> is attached to the JIRA.
>
> XBEAN-19 is to allow this feature to be used with the extended spring tag
>    <classpath><location>...
> I have already implemented this feature but i will not be able to ubmit a patch
> (i can only access my web mail).

| did think about doing that - but took a look at the patch and it did
look a bit complex and would need plenty of eyeballing as its a new
feature so we'd have to go through a full RTC on those issues.

So I figured it'd be simpler if we got 2.5 out as an emergency bug fix
release (so things work nicely with Spring 2.0) then took a look at
XBEAN-22 and XBEAN-19 for the 2.6 release as it could take a few weeks
just to get that patch applied.

> Note that these features can be delayed until 2.6.

Agreed

> In any cases, I'm +1 to fix the existing problems and release 2.5.

Great.
--

James
-------