geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Content for 1.2
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:51:11 GMT
Hello,

what about an install dialog and better error reporting?

* install dialog:
  - geronimo could check during installation, if everything needed is
available as needed
  - if geronimo finds and can use different installed software packages,
it could allow to choose

* error reporting:
  - a stack trace for about 30 levels or even more (printed as e.g. "...
13 more // <another trace> // ... 15 more) isn't really helpful
  - better/more helpful error output would result in less questions,
thus less work on user support :-)

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld