geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject [m2 build]: Runtime error using the hot-deployer
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:34:13 GMT
I'm having trouble running the hot-deployer car in an m2 built server.

The errror is as follows :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/geronimo/deployment/plugin/ConfigIDEx
tractor
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader.access$200(
JarFileClassLoader.java:51)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader$6.run(JarFi
leClassLoader.java:275)

Now I first saw a similar NoClassDefFoundError on the
DeploymentFactoryImpl.class while loading/starting this hot-deployer
CAR.  I resolved that error by explicitly defining the
geronimo-deploy-jsr88 artifact as a dependency of the hot-deployer
config. (configs/hot-deployer/pom.xml).

That successfully loaded/started the hot-deployer CAR. But when I try
to deploy the jsp-examples-tomcat.5.5.15.war  by dropping it into the
deploy dir, I get the above error.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Prasad