geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject GroupId for DayTrader needed.
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:59:29 GMT
The DayTrader project needs a consistent groupId for all it's
artifacts. Currently, some of it's artifacts are under the "geronimo"
groupid while others are under the "org.apache.geronimo" groupid.

I discussed this with Matt and we decided to pose this Q to the
community. One option is to have a groupId called
"org.apache.geronimo.samples" which will be home to daytrader
artifacts, other samples we currently have and ones to come.

One other thing to consider is the very long artifactId name of some
of daytrader's artifacts. An example is something like
daytrader-derby-jetty-streamer. When this is coupled with an equally
long groupId name, we'll be close to hitting the path limit on
windows.

Cheers
Prasad