geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M2 build] : Error building application uddi-db on XP
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:56:49 GMT
Earlier, my jetty assembly build always used the 2.2-SNAPSHOT of the
maven-assembly-plugin that I had freshly built. Now in the m2migration
branch,  it always downloads and uses the 2.1 v of the
maven-assembly-plugin. It's 1 am EST and I am too tired to go looking
for what's changed in the pluginRepositories to cause this. If u know
offhand, please send me a mail. I'll have the jetty assembly patch
ready the first thing in the morning.

It's not letting me build in the offline mode either.
------
GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-assembly-plugin
Version: 2.1

Reason: System is offline.

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:pom:2.1

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in
your loca repository will be inaccessible.
-------

Cheers
Prasad

> done.
>
> --jason
>

> On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:57 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>
> > I began using the m2migration branch. The configs build stalled while
> > building the jsp-examples-* configs on Windoze due to the now familiar
> > long path problem.
> >
> > C:\Apache\geronimo\sandbox\m2migration\configs\jsp-examples-jetty
> > \target\repository\org\apache\geronimo\configs\jsp-examples-jetty
> > \1.2-SNAPSHOT\jsp-examples-jetty-1.2-SNAPSHOT.car\WEB-INF\classes
> > \org\apache\jsp\jsp2\tagfiles
> > unable to be deleted.
> >
> > There are 2 example artifacts, jsp-examples and servlets-examples that
> > come from a separate geronimo-samples groupId. They should be built by
> > jar'ring their classes into web-inf/lib too. The maven-war-plugin in
> > their build should use the <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
> > config option.
> >
> > Meanwhile, we should comment out the build of the configs for those
> > examples. They are not in our assemblies anyways.
> >
> > So here's the patch. Please apply it to the m2migration branch
> >
> > Cheers
> > Prasad
> >

> > On 7/11/06, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
> >> Thanks, it will make it easier for us all to keep in sync and to
> >> rapidly accept patches if we use this code-line.
> >>
> >> And then... RTC with a functional build and be done with it.
> >>
> >> --jason

> >> bit... way

> >> svkmerge/

> >> dir. I

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]