geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M2 build] : Error building application uddi-db on XP
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:57:48 GMT
I began using the m2migration branch. The configs build stalled while
building the jsp-examples-* configs on Windoze due to the now familiar
long path problem.

C:\Apache\geronimo\sandbox\m2migration\configs\jsp-examples-jetty\target\repository\org\apache\geronimo\configs\jsp-examples-jetty\1.2-SNAPSHOT\jsp-examples-jetty-1.2-SNAPSHOT.car\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jsp\jsp2\tagfiles
unable to be deleted.

There are 2 example artifacts, jsp-examples and servlets-examples that
come from a separate geronimo-samples groupId. They should be built by
jar'ring their classes into web-inf/lib too. The maven-war-plugin in
their build should use the <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
config option.

Meanwhile, we should comment out the build of the configs for those
examples. They are not in our assemblies anyways.

So here's the patch. Please apply it to the m2migration branch

Cheers
Prasad

> Thanks, it will make it easier for us all to keep in sync and to
> rapidly accept patches if we use this code-line.
>
> And then... RTC with a functional build and be done with it.
>
> --jason
>

> On Jul 11, 2006, at 2:01 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>
> > Ah.. makes sense. Will work with the m2migration branch then
> >

> > Cheers
> > Prasad
> >
> > On 7/11/06, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
> >> I can do it... was going to, but only when the current m2migration
> >> code is merged over.  I don't really want to merge bit by bit... way
> >> to much work.
> >>
> >> --jason

> >> trunk too,

> >> do the