geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help: Mapping to Apache Directory project's new groupId:artifactId
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:35:49 GMT
If we don't use the <repository> in our assembly descriptor to copy
the modules from the local repo to geronimo repo, then we won't see
this problem of an invalid pom. Since installing the car will install
almost all of the modules into the geronimo repository for us, we can
skip <repository> for now. Moreover, I have learnt that using the
<repository> to copy all modules into G repo was only a convenience
feature. It is not actually needed for the server to start.

So for now, we don't have to worry about moving to the latest apache
directory version. It doesn't affect our m2 migration work. But
eventually we will have to contend this issue and then we'll have to
map those 4 artifacts to their latest equivalents.

Thanx
Prasad