geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assembling a Geronimo distribution in a m2 build - first look.
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 02:41:43 GMT
Ooops. Sorry Jason.  I was trying to keep up with the emails on my
vacation and ended up misreading your question. You do clearly ask why
the d-m-p not be used to install car files.

The geronimo-assembly-plugin  (g-a-p)  deploys a car artifact. I
believe that this is a lot more than just unpacking a dependency that
the d-m-p does. The former also takes care of all the car's
dependencies too by reading its plan. I don't think the latter could
have done it.

Cheers
Prasad