geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assembling a Geronimo distribution in a m2 build - first look.
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:13:23 GMT
Inline -

On 6/30/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
> inline..
>
> --- Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > 1. Our pom.xml first lists all and only geronimo modules, configs and
> > apps as dependencies. The transitive deps are taken care of by m-a-p.
>
>    In a perfect M2 world just using configs as dependencies should be
> enough. The modules should come as transitive dependencies. I am not
> sure if this is possible with the existing InstallConfig.

Your are right.. Existing "installConfig" does care of installing the
module binaries of the configs.  But since I am currently handicapped
with an unsuccessful build, I don't know if all the modules are
installed as a part of the config dependencies. So if that is a
redundant step we may eliminate those modules that are installed as
config dependencies into the "repository" directory

Note that we still need to list those modules that are copied into the
lib, lib/ext, lib/ext/endorsed dirs. We should also list the modules
for schemas.

Cheers
Prasad