geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Malgeri <mmalg...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Startup Error
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:25:58 GMT
I created empty directories for "var\shared\classes" and "var\shared\lib"
and the server started up and I was able to log on and access the console
and poke around.

I didn't run any other tests like deploying apps, etc.

I didn't see this in the install notes. Is there a problem with the
distribution bundles or did I install incorrectly?

Michael Malgeri
Technical Services Manager
PHONE: 310-727-4544
Tie Line: 286-4544
CELLULAR: 310-704-6403

Michael Malgeri/Los Angeles/IBM
07/15/2006 05:19 PM

dev@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Geronimo Startup Error

Hi,

I downloaded geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.zip for Windows, ran the startup
script and got the following error:

[***************>      ] 70%  20s  Loading geronimo/sharedlib/1.1/car
17:07:15,3
41 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the
FAILED state:
abstractName="geronimo/sharedlib/1.1/car?ServiceModule=geronimo/sharedlib/1.1/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=SharedLib"

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Classes dir does not exist:
C:\AppServers\geronimo-1.1\var\shared\classes

There's no "..\geronimo-1.1\var\shared\classes" directory in the
distribution

Got the same error with Little-G