geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: JIRAs adopter query/policy?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:03:35 GMT
Maybe it's just me, but this seems to smack of favoritism.  Just because I
use Geronimo as the platform for my web applications running on my home
network, or to host my open source project, why are my bugs less important
than those of the engineers from IBM (or JPMorgan)?

It seems to me that the existing voting mechanism provides both a more
generic and more finely tuned approach for identifying the number of users
that are impacted by a specific issue.

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

             Sachin Patel
             <sppatel2@gmail.c
             Sent by: Sachin           dev@geronimo.apache.org
             Patel                                                      cc
             <sppatel@gmail.co
             m>                                                    Subject
                                       JIRAs adopter query/policy?

             07/25/2006 02:26
             PM

             Please respond to
             dev@geronimo.apac
                  he.org

As the Geronimo user base grows, it is important that we be able to
distinguish between JIRAs open during a development cycle to those that are
being hit in the field or requested by companies who either use Geronimo or
build products and or plugins on top of it.  So I suggest we provide a
restricted "adopter required" field in JIRA.  This adopter field would be
exposed to JIRA users who request and identify themselves as adopters.  So
just like our query for available patches, we can easily query these and
help ensure that these issues that companies face get the necessary
attention and help resolve them faster then they would be otherwise.

Thoughts?

-sachin

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,