geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Should we allow more ejb-links than j2ee specifies?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:06:39 GMT
As part of work on GERONIMO-2148 fixing ejb-refs between modules I
extended (or made work) some non-j2ee functionality and I wonder if
we want it.  I think we do. Lets see if I can describe the
functionality:

ejb-link in a j2ee app is only supposed to work between modules in an
ear.

The extended functionality is to make it work between a j2ee app and
any ancestor j2ee app.  For instance, a war can have an ejb-link in
web.xml to an ejb in a parent ejb module.

We already let you put an ejb-link in geronimo-web.xml with these
semantics.

If we agree that we want this extended functionality we can remove
the unused targetModuleId parameter from EJBReferenceBuilder methods.

To be clear, 1.1.1 currently has this extended functionality and I
want to know if I should remove it.  I'm not sure about the state of
trunk: I plan to reexamine this after 1.1.1 is settled.

thanks
david jencks