geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: GroupId for DayTrader needed.
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:46:20 GMT
I think that in general... the m2 repository using the m2 style of
artifactId and groupId names is not compatible with Windows.

Short of changing the way m2 works or altering the m2 naming
standard, I do not see any simple way around this problem.

And we are getting hit by this in two places too... building the
server, and then again when running the server.

I think we need to find a real solution to this issue and not just
truncate the names to get around problem... until it pops up again...
which is will.

And as much as I would love to just give all windows users the shaft
and force them to snap out of their microsoft induced blue screen of
death, reboot every day, annoying dancing paper clip, stupid file
locking, file names can't be longer than 256 insanity... and I would
really love to do that... we can't :-(

Lucky we don't have to support TRS-80, CPM or Altair users...

--jason