geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: How to use M2 G Packaging Plugin
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:17:38 GMT
You need to add this plugin repo to your pom:

         <pluginRepository>
             <id>apache-snapshots</id>
             <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>
             <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
repository</url>
             <layout>default</layout>
             <snapshots>
                 <enabled>true</enabled>
                 <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                 <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
             </snapshots>
             <releases>
                 <enabled>false</enabled>
             </releases>
         </pluginRepository>

And then define the dependency as an extention:

         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
                 <artifactId>car-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
                 <!-- Install as extention to allow 'car' packaging
to be used. -->
                 <extensions>true</extensions>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>

And then just use <packaging>car</packaging>.

--jason