geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Geronimo site POC using Confluence & Autoexport
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:34:36 GMT
I had been wanting to use Confluence as the primary Geronimo website
for a while now... and finally just went and created proof of concept
that it might actually work... check out:

     http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE/

Looks familiar?  It should, cause its the same layout that we have on
http://geronimo.apache.org (with a new minor changes).

I have not done much content wise... but I did get all of the side
navigation pages setup and rendering from "SideNav *" pages (each has
its own page)... though most of those links point to non-existent
pages (hence the +).

Looks like there is a still a bit more work that needs to be done to
refine the autoexpert plugin... like the news links in the "Geronimo
News" section which are Confluence news pages link you to the
Confluence page, not the exported page (http://cwiki.apache.org/
GMOxSITE/2006/07/25/test-news-post.html).

Also some more dynamic stuff, like adding new news does not
automatically export the pages.  I think this is okay, we can auto
export on a periodic schedule to get around this limitation... or
just fix the plugin to be a tad more intelligent.

I've attached the vsl if anyone is interested to see the magic needed
to get autoexport to do this...

  * * *

Anyways, something to think about... I think its got a lot of
potential (or I would not still be up at 3am hacking on it) :-)

--jason