geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject war manifest classpath in ear (GERONIMO-2125)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:36:07 GMT
I've finally managed to reproduce the problem in GERONIMO-2125, in
which you have an ear, with a war inside, with a manifest classpath,
and the stuff on the mcp doesn't work.

The problem is pretty much caused by our new configuration for the
war, although I think a similar problem would occur for an exploded
ejb jar in an ear. ( I suspect the latter doesn't work at all now,
since in that case we should manually add the mcp entries to the cp,
which we don't)

so, we a uri out of the mcp, and try to resolve it against the war
config base uri, such as web.war, and add it to the config classpath,
so we get e.g. an entry of jar.jar.  However, this is relative to the
war config, which does not have this jar in it: it's actually in the
containing ear config, typically up one directory.

e.g.
ear config is at
/Users/david/geronimo/svn/geronimo/trunk/assemblies/j2ee-jetty-server/
target/geronimo-1.2-SNAPSHOT/repository/default/ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT/
1152577205326/ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT-1152577205326.car

war config inside it is at
/Users/david/geronimo/svn/geronimo/trunk/assemblies/j2ee-jetty-server/
target/geronimo-1.2-SNAPSHOT/repository/default/ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT/
1152577205326/ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT-1152577205326.car/web.war

the mcp entry should be
../jar.jar

or we need to copy another copy of the jar.jar into the war
configuration.

I'm in favor of relativizing the mcp entry to ../jar.jar but I'm a
little worried about the consequences.  Anyone see any problems with
this?

thanks
david jencks