geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject [m2 build] Update about custom assembly usage
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:40:21 GMT
It looks like the Maven 2 peeps are not going to be able to take in
our patches to apply to the assembly plugin, which provides mappers
and some includes/excludes to unpack and a permission related fix to
files/file element processing.

I believe that those changes will eventually make it in, but for now
to get around the need Prasad and I talked about using the dependency
plugin and the antrun plugin to perform the needed "flattening" of
the schema files for the /schema/* in the assembly.

I've implemented this already for the geronimo-jetty-j2ee assembly in
the svkmerge/m2migration branch.

It appears to function as expected.  I've disabled the remaining
assemblies which have not yet been converted.  Once they have been
converted they will be re-enabled.

Note, we are still using car:installConfigs... but we no longer need
to have MASSEMBLY-45 or MASSEMBLY-127 applied to a custom 2.2-
SNAPSHOT version of the maven-assembly-plugin to build out assemblies.

The full conversation is here if anyone is interested:

     http://uwyn.com/drone/log/bevinbot/geronimo/20060714

Starts with '19:53 <jdillon> any thoughts on using dependency +
antrun to setup the right bits and then use the 2.1 assembly plugin?'
--jason