geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Corba specs for G 1.2
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:37:10 GMT

On Jul 18, 2006, at 6:45 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Yikes... what version of the spec is geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-
> corba:1.0?
> Any idea how to fix specs:geronimo-corba-2.3_spec?

The problem with the geronimo-corba-2.3 spec is that it's built using
the "new" IDL compiler. This compiler generated IDL that was
incompatible (i.e. would not work) with the Sun corba implementation
in 1.4. It was more than a TCK problem -- simply enabling Corba
caused the server to fail. I figured out that the IDL was causing our
problems, but didn't have the stomach for looking at the IDL
compiler. So, we went back to using the old-style spec.

As to why we continue to generate corba specs that don't work, I hope
that the Yoko project is finding them useful. Would also hope that
the compiler could be fixed...

> --jason
> On Jul 18, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> Jason Dillon wrote:
>>> Right now we are using geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-corba:1.0 in
>>> the m2 build for G 1.2-SNAPSHOT.  This is the only spec that we
>>> are using that has the legacy geronimo-spec groupId.
>>> Can we switch this to use one of these:
>>>  * org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-corba-2.3_spec:1.1
>>>  * org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-corba-3.0_spec:1.1
>>> Or, can someone please explain why we have to keep using the old
>>> geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-corba:1.0 version?
>>> --jason
>> geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-corba:1.0 is the "old" jar that we
>> know works w/ the TCK.  The jar org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-
>> corba-2.3_spec:1.1 was tried once but we couldn't get it to pass
>> the TCK.
>> Regards,
>> Alan

View raw message