geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] Vote on GERONIMO-2161 - restart 1
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:13:07 GMT

On Jul 7, 2006, at 8:40 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Hey Jacek,
>
> BTW, I apologize about the blessing of the final 3 +1s within the 18
> hours period.  I did not mean to go against your statement.  I just
> recalled an email about 3 +1s allowed it to happen and there was no
> need
> to wait...that a -1 could be waged at anytime in the future.  If I
> stepped over the line here, then my complete apologies.  I think I may
> be trying to feel my way through this as well...and I may bump into a
> wall every now and then.

I'd rather not troll back through the postings, but I certainly
recall that the same guidelines -- there wasn't a minimum time period
for an RTC vote. Once you have 3 +1's you would be able to commit and
there can still be a -1 at any time (hopefully with some statute of
limitation) that will force the commit to be reverted. I think this
process works. I'd also expect that a -1 would be preceded by a
healthy discussion berore the -1...

--kevan