geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: Geronimo site POC using Confluence & Autoexport
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:04:29 GMT
We can back out with Conluence's versioning for pages.

But if we elect to rsync from the AutoExport dir to SVN and use the
normal SVN mechanism to publish then we can do any kind of staging we
want.  Disable the automated sync, use the AutoExport URL to test/
validate major work, then when its ready to go, run a manual sync and
then enable the auto sync... er something like that.

We are free to invent any procedure we need to support our goals for
site management and maintenance.

On Jul 25, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Is there anyway to back out changes or make them atomic?  Once nice
> thing about the existing process is that people can stage changes
> and make them live in an instant.  Perhaps that is not a huge deal
> but I prefer not having the site in a state of flux while people
> are accessing it.
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> I had been wanting to use Confluence as the primary Geronimo
>> website for a while now... and finally just went and created proof
>> of concept that it might actually work... check out:
>> Looks familiar?  It should, cause its the same layout that we have
>> on (with a new minor changes).
>> I have not done much content wise... but I did get all of the side
>> navigation pages setup and rendering from "SideNav *" pages (each
>> has its own page)... though most of those links point to non-
>> existent pages (hence the +).
>> Looks like there is a still a bit more work that needs to be done
>> to refine the autoexpert plugin... like the news links in the
>> "Geronimo News" section which are Confluence news pages link you
>> to the Confluence page, not the exported page (http://
>> Also some more dynamic stuff, like adding new news does not
>> automatically export the pages.  I think this is okay, we can auto
>> export on a periodic schedule to get around this limitation... or
>> just fix the plugin to be a tad more intelligent.
>> I've attached the vsl if anyone is interested to see the magic
>> needed to get autoexport to do this...
>>  * * *
>> Anyways, something to think about... I think its got a lot of
>> potential (or I would not still be up at 3am hacking on it) :-)
>> --jason

View raw message