geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] Merge m2migration (functional m2 build) to trunk
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:36:21 GMT
> I run across the following issue when starting from a path-lenghty
> directory:

What is the lengthy path you ran under?

I think we need to resolve why we need to have CAR archives unpacked
in the repository, as unpacked wars really blows out the filename
length limit.

Though... this is a more general problem and should probably not be
tied into this RTC.

> whereas when I moved the directory - geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.2-SNAPSHOT
> and renamed to c:/temp/g, it booted up fine.

Yup, that is why I mentioned to review from the fs root ;-)

> There's however an issue no matter how long the Geronimo home path is.

> (org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon).
>
> Has it already been reported? Shall I create a jira issue?

This is a known issue.  I requested details about how low logging was
expected to be configured before on the list which went unanswered.
I do not believe there is an issue for this yet though.  If you'd
like to create one that would be helpful.

--jason