geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRAs adopter query/policy?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:54:49 GMT

On Jul 25, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> I guess this would be different than the reporter?  Is this
> different than interested parties or voting for JIRAs?

Yes & Yes.  This would be just an additional field just like "patch
available".  I don't think voting would address this.  If there are
50 open defects all of the highest priority, and 10 of them are from
companies seeing a given defect in a field and need a fix for the
upcoming release, we need a very simple way to distinguish between
what developers consider high priority and what users consider high
priority.

> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> As the Geronimo user base grows, it is important that we be able
>> to distinguish between JIRAs open during a development cycle to
>> those that are being hit in the field or requested by companies
>> who either use Geronimo or build products and or plugins on top of
>> it.  So I suggest we provide a restricted "adopter required" field
>> in JIRA.  This adopter field would be exposed to JIRA users who
>> request and identify themselves as adopters.  So just like our
>> query for available patches, we can easily query these and help
>> ensure that these issues that companies face get the necessary
>> attention and help resolve them faster then they would be otherwise.
>> Thoughts?
>> -sachin

-sachin